30 september 2009

Daily Drawing #1

Today I'm going to start something new. I got inspired by Melissa's blog (160 Pages). She tries to draw everyday because she wants more creativity in her life. I think this is a great initiative which inspires me to start this as well. Because I'm from the Netherlands, I will write the text, notes and dates in Dutch. Here is my first post:

Daily Drawing #1

My drawings will contain monsters, fantasy creatures and so on because I simply suck at realistic drawing. I tried a few times but I fail, every single time. This doesn't mean I will never draw something realistic again because I realy want to learn it! But every one has got their own style, and I think this is mine.

I hope you'll enjoy this new, creative journey of mine and that it will inspire others to join me!

1 opmerking:

  1. Daily drawing is such a great exercise! (even if it is semi-daily) I think that you should embrace your natural drawing style, but maybe once a week, draw something more realistic? I really learned to enjoy drawing more realistically when I took it less seriously- like drawing a fruit or vegetable in 30 seconds, ten times. Doing exercises like that can help you loosen up and enjoy different types of drawing styles.
    {that was a long ramble...sorry}
    :) kara

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen